Mgr, Channel Marketing
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6014
Requisition Number: R8614
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The ORV Channel Marketing Manager is responsible for managing and activating an industry leading Channel Marketing program for all dealer-focused channels to drive a frictionless customer experience. Working closely with the ORV marketing team, product line sales, and field sales team, the ORV Channel Marketing Manager is focused on maximizing and capturing local demand, managing and optimizing turnkey dealer programs, and real-time pull and flow analytics. This includes leadership over all dealer related online and in-store touchpoints including; dealer marketing programs and tools, dealer marketing online platforms and infrastructure, dealership website, and lead management.
This individual will work cross functionally to develop retail planning standards, tools, training and programs to drive customer engagement and demand at the local level, ultimately delivering profitable growth in support of Polaris' and our dealers' growth objectives. This role also has enterprise responsibility in the management and proactive leadership of cross-business dealer marketing online platforms, strategies and programs, and thus plays a critical role connecting our marketing and sales efforts with the retail channel across all of Polaris business units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead development of dealer retail planning and local marketing strategies, planning and execution
- Build tools, resources & program offerings that enable dealers to efficiently drive traffic, leads and retail
- Lead multiple third-party agencies and partners to develop localized dealer marketing programs and enterprise dealer marketing platforms, driving scale, efficiency and increased dealer participation
- Help dealers understand their customer base and how best to reach/market to them through powerful dealer marketing programs, lead management process and customer experience improvement plans.
- Partner with business units to establish and maintain thorough understanding of retail program objectives and develop strategies and plans that engage dealers to maximize and reach retail goals locally
- Generate seamless transition from OEM-Dealer online and connect to in-store buying experience
- Lead dealer website certification program, including development of web standards, management of 3rd party agency for support and tracking, training and communication to web vendors and dealer network
- Partner with dealer sales operations and field sales team to build and manage dealer lead management program, tracking and improvement strategies
- Develop training and education for dealers and field sales on dealer marketing improvement initiatives, digital, lead management and other customer experience improvement efforts
- Partner with retail marketing analyst to build and deliver essential reporting, tracking and analytic tools to increase retail effectiveness and growth
- Stay current on powersports and similar industry trends to improve competitive position and serve as the channel marketing SME across Polaris
- Advocate for dealer and our customer; use dealer and customer insights to drive right focus and tools in dealer/retail channel
- Develop and lead complex and transformational initiatives, including influencing and establishing advocacy and support across the organization
- Evaluate current dealer programs and retail levers; make necessary adjustments to drive positive results
- Manage team to execute Channel Marketing strategies and plans
- Provide ongoing thought leadership as related to channel marketing and dealer retail strategies; offer strong engagement as member of ORV marketing leadership team
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 7-10 years' experience in marketing (channel marketing experience preferred)
- Sales experience or clear, demonstrated and deep understanding of a B>B>C channel
- Understanding of digital and marketing and how it connects to build business.Ability to connect, sales, marketing and dealer experience to drive retail.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and build plans for complex initiatives that work cross-functionally
- Experience in developing training and education programs for cross-functional groups
- Ability to work in very fast-paced environment with capacity to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated strong analytic and critical thinking skills
- Customer-centric mindset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Large group format presentation experience
- Prior negotiation experience
- Management experience (of others) and agencies
- In store/merchandising exposure and experience preferred
- Understanding of lead management process, strategies and programs preferred
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Corporate office environment
- Travel required, up to 20% of the time
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Mgr, Channel Marketing
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US