Powertrain Base Engine Calibration Engineer
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6019
Requisition Number: R8663
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Polaris Industries is recruiting for a Powertrain Base Engine Calibration Engineer. Specific focus on Engine Dyno Calibration for Off Road Vehicles, Motorcycles and Snowmobiles. Will perform analytical collaboration of data, both physical and modelled, and use state of the art tools to compile the vehicle calibration. Working closely with vehicle calibration team for successful engine application and integration into the vehicle. Develops, implements, and maintains engineering procedures, requirements, and specifications to ensure thorough definition and testing for engine calibration development. Direct and supervise test technicians on technical projects as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calibration resource for current and future engine programs. Complete base engine dyno calibration files for implementation into vehicle calibration, that meet or exceed requirements for performance, drivability and emissions.
- Develop and implement calibrations for engine mapping of air charge, open loop fuel delivery, transient fuel, ignition timing, IAC/throttle control, power limits, and closed-loop fueling.
- Uses experience and engineering principles to develop and specify test procedures and equipment necessary to conduct powertrain performance and control system development testing on Polaris vehicles.
- Coordinate testing aspects of engine and vehicle development projects: Develop test criteria, systems requirement specifications, create test plans, set goals, objectives and schedules.
- Participate in Calibration Peer Team. Adopt Peer Team calibration processes and ensure that Polaris guidelines for vehicle drivability and performance are met or exceeded.
- Manage and develop test procedures that gather the data for regression fitting of models
- Assess and improve current methods of calibration and implement them as needed
- Maintain calibration maturity indicators and regularly report them to the project teams
- Setup and operate data acquisition and associated software and support the wider teams on best practices
- Document testing, summarize results and write test reports
- Create, maintain and improve test processes and procedures
- Records and analyzes test data using statistical, analytical, and other state of the art techniques. Research alternatives, and implement solutions to meet powertrain objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS or MS engineering degree with a minimum of 2-3 years of engine testing and/or calibration development related experience. Knowledge of how engines operate.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office software, data analysis tools including Concerto, Matlab, etc.
- Experience with ETAS/INCA, ATI/Vision, Simulink, ASCET, and vehicle CAN preferred
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, scan tools, dataloggers)
- Experience with higher-order analytical methods preferred
- Hands-on experience with small engines or automotive engines preferred, excellent understanding of internal combustion engines
- Familiarity with engine dynamometer testing
- Able to multitask, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Able to work in a team environment proficiently.
- Fast paced dyno testing and field environment
- Travel as needed(~10%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Powertrain Base Engine Calibration Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US