Sr. Electrical Engineer- Motorcycle
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6020
Requisition Number: R8685
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
This primary responsibility of this position within the Indian Chassis Continuous Improvement team is to investigate potential field product quality issues (Chassis systems and / or PG&A) related to electrical systems and identify root cause, assess risk, and lead or support solution implementation. Other responsibilities include communication of root cause status across cross-functional groups and leadership, trend monitoring, Electrical guidance / leadership, and potential process development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead or support scope, root cause, consequence, and solution implementation of potential quality issues across the Indian Motorcycle Electrical / Chassis systems.
- Monitor Electrical related warranty data to identify and resolve top issues.
- Provide leadership / guidance on electrical systems (understand, troubleshooting, solution, etc.) for the Indian Continuous Improvement team.
- Provide Electrical and Software related guidance to Polaris Technical Service Teams.
- Work closely with appropriate platform architectural electrical engineer to ensure issues are fully understood, solutions are robust, and lessons learned are incorporated into future designs.
- Use CAPAs to drive corrective actions that will apply learnings across the organization.
- Work with cross-functional teams to identify potential product safety issues and drive to resolution.
- Lead test and development of Electrical and Software related design improvements.
- As needed, develop processes/standards for continuous improvement.
- Ensure all learnings are communicated to the peer team and captured in technical documentation i.e. Design Standards, FMEAs and DVP&Rs.
- Support other initiatives that relate to product safety.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- 2-5 years in a product development role (design, test, or manufacturing).
- Hands-on problem-solving experience along with mechanical aptitude strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Motorcycle electrical systems/components.
- Structured problem solving and predictive statistics experience preferred.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical groups.
- Decisive, self-motivated, and prone to action.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to influence others.
- Ability to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must be customer focused to drive continual improvement
- A passion for the mission, vision, and values of Polaris and Indian Motorcycles.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Electrical Engineer- Motorcycle
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US