Generalist, HR Sr
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6032
Requisition Number: R8717
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Senior Human Resources Generalist (HRG) is a strategic business partner to the Parts, Garments and Accessories (PG&A) Global Business Unit. In this role, the Senior HR Generalist will lead and partner with our central HR teams, delivering HR functional excellence in: talent attraction, retention, succession/workforce planning, performance management, and development. In addition, the Sr. HRG will be positioned to spot trends, identify emerging needs and address them with innovative people programs, tools and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Talent: Lead Talent Management Life-cycle (Attract, Select, Orient, Develop, Deploy, Assess, Reward)
- Talent management for PG&A including identification of talent needs and talent acquisition with the end game of building world-class teams with bench strength that can deliver against strategic and operational initiatives
- Build and maintain a strong leadership team through coaching, mentoring and development at all levels
Culture: Ensure culture exemplifies Polaris values and drives employer of choice status
- Actively develop and foster a positive employee relations climate, high employee engagement, team effectiveness and integration, and employer of choice status
- Maintain visibility and active presence within the team, providing daily support and communication
- Actively participate in leadership meetings and strategy sessions
- Identify, communicate and problem-solve employee relations issues
Organization: Design an organization built to succeed
- Act as business partner to the PG&A leadership team to execute against strategic priorities and facilitate success against metrics, goals, and objectives
- Partner with business and HR leadership on design for the organization, including strategic and talent components described elsewhere in the description as well as:
- Balancing of organization structure to allow for maximum performance within teams.
Functional Excellence: Deliver excellent HR functional service.
- Develop and execute annual HR plans that enable and align with business agenda and priorities, employee development, leadership succession planning, and other desired organizational development and changes
- Leverage and improve HR processes to drive excellence and capability to deliver value for client groups in organization and people development
- Coach, counsel and direct leadership regarding Company policies and employment law. Ensure fairness and consistency
- Day-to-day HR tasks and other duties and projects as required or assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field required; Master's degree preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Human Resources; Previous HR business partner experience required
- Proven track record of successfully implementing HR programs and initiatives
- Change management, org design, org effectiveness and facilitation experience required
- Comfortable with ambiguity and anxious to work with businesses and teams at varying points of maturity
- Cultural savvy: able to discern key aspects of Polaris culture and maintain them
- Proven effectiveness in matrix and dynamic environment
- Experience with Lean and Lean HR preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with HRIS system-based software required
- Office environment, located in Plymouth, MN (Bass Creek Corporate Facility)
- Some travel to other Polaris sites and events (10% or less expected)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Generalist, HR Sr
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US