Location: Spirit Lake, Iowa US
Job Number: 6034
Requisition Number: R8722
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Job Description Summary
At Indian Motorcycle, we recognize that our success begins with our employees. In turn, it is our responsibility to support their development and help them achieve their full potential by creating rewarding career experiences. Currently, we are seeking qualified candidates for a Lean Engineer to join the Indian Motorcycle Factory team based at Spirit Lake, IA location.
As the Lean Engineer you will drive and assist in leading Lean culture across our Spirit Lake, IA Manufacturing plant . You will identify improvement opportunities at facility, coordinating and leading improvement teams with a core focus on elimination of non-value added activities site-wide.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in developing the Lean culture, including identification of improvement opportunities at facility and coordinating/leading improvement teams with a core focus on elimination of non-value added activities.
- Work with Production Director and plant leadership to define continuous improvement goals and execute action plans. Align leadership and provide direction and Lean expertise to meet plant objectives.
- Facilitate activities such as Value Stream Mapping (VSM), Problem Solving, 5S, Kaizen and SMED events to support product development initiatives.
- Coordinate data gathering and reporting of key metrics for process improvement events.
- Assist with implementation VIP Projects.
- Create learning resources and develop employees on lean concepts and tools. Develop/adapt training materials and presentations as needed. Assist in the deployment of Polaris's Lean training materials.
- Facilitate and manage multiple projects.
- Conduct assigned process audits to support Lean Culture. (5S and MDI Audit examples)
- Guide, coach and train team members on Lean implementation.
- Facilitate best practice sharing across product development teams
- Other assignments as requested or required
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor's degree in industrial or manufacturing engineering, or a related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of manufacturing experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and processes
- Proven track record of applying Lean methodologies
- Strong communication, facilitation, and training skills
- Project and change management experience
- Experience in problem solving techniques and methodologies (8D, DMAIC, PDCA, etc.) highly preferred
- Experience with material flow pull systems
- Lean background with experience facilitating kaizen events, developing value stream maps at the organizational level, 5S, etc. preferred
- Strong results orientation with passion for Lean and continuous improvement
- Ability to teach and facilitate the success of others
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of problem-solving tools/methods
- Proven ability to lead change and motivate at all levels within the organization through the utilization of strong interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills (facilitation, project planning, execution, organizing and administrative)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Effective decision-making, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Ability to embrace a rapidly changing environment
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Spirit Lake
Community / Marketing Title: Lean/Manufacturing Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Spirit Lake, Iowa US