Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6036
Requisition Number: R8744
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Job Description Summary
As a Sourcing Lead, you will be responsible for supporting the strategy development and implementation for assigned categories in alignment with the broader Commodity Strategy. You will manage the supply base to ensure that all suppliers meet our four priorities: Delivery, Quality, New Product Integration, and Cost Competitiveness.
- Polaris is making a bold, strategic investment to improve our strategic sourcing process and consequently generate a high level of savings though improved performance.
- Apart from significant cost savings, this exercise promises an opportunity to transform our supply chain.
- You will be dedicated full-time to a cross-functional team that will work on the Fuel and Cooling Category.
- It's also important to note that for periods during the project, there will be heavy travel.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR ME?
- This is a great opportunity for you to:
- Be part of a "category team" that is comprised of cross-functional, cross-business segment Polaris professionals.
- Visit Polaris facilities and supplier facilities globally learning Polaris needs/wants/interests, supplier capabilities and best practices.
- Represent Polaris to the global supply base.
- Represent your functional area of the business.
- Represent your function and category expertise.
- Provide critical input into supplier selections.
- Enhance your skills through robust training.
- As a result of this project, you will gain:
- Differential training, experiences and supply chain knowledge.
- Exposure to key resources across functions within the organization.
- Broad exposure to the global Polaris organization as well as executive leadership.
- All of which will provide you with strong positioning for future opportunities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Sourcing team members are responsible for contributing experience and knowledge relating to the current procurement function. These skills and activities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day point of reference regarding purchasing operations, contract management, supplier relationship management, and strategic sourcing
- Validate internal profile requirements for Polaris, including spend, suppliers, sites, SKU's, and other Request for Proposal (RFP) inputs
- Support the selection process of suppliers to be considered for final awarding of business
- Participate in all cross-functional team supplier site visits (travel may be required), and participate in all negotiations with supply base
- Work directly with the category team to develop ideas or team requests into working solutions
- Develop internal toolsets to support and assist in the creation of project deliverables
- Participate and engage in multiple skills-based training sessions relating to Executive Communications, Purchasing Methodology Negotiations, and Site Visits
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for any supplier specific or supplier performance related questions coming from Project Managers
Other Duties as Assigned
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or technical area
- APICS CPIM and/or ISM C.P.M./A.P.P. desired.
- 4+ years of purchasing or relevant experience (sales, engineering, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- Effective negotiation, decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communication within team and cross-functionally.
- Highly organized and effective in managing multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to professionally represent Polaris by developing productive working relationships with suppliers.
- Capable of reading and interpreting engineering documentation and technical data.
- Fundamental knowledge of MAPICS MRP and web-based business systems desired.
- Experienced in presentation abilities, including PowerPoint development. Expected to present to sourcing leadership.
- Knowledge of project management tools and ability to assist in tasks assigned by Project Managers.
- 5-25% travel may be required
Global, purchasing, commodity, strategy, category, buyer, procurement, sourcing, operations
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
City: Brooklyn Park
Community / Marketing Title: Sourcing Lead
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota US