Senior Export Specialist
Location: Medina, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6037
Requisition Number: R8733
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The position will ensure effective and timely execution of international wholegood (finished ATVs, snowmobiles, motorcycles, etc.) operations. Focus will be supporting day-to-day operations to achieve service level, cost, customer service, and operational metrics goals.
- Serve as main point of contact and liaison for International Business Units, and 3PL providers.
- Plan, scope, and coordinate the freight operations for shipments.
- Identify, plan, and execute cost down opportunities through mode shift, lead time management and expedite processes.
- Work to maintain specified service levels across all International Business Units.
- Create and analyze operational reports to drive and monitor 3PL execution and metrics.
- Communicate externally with providers to create operational plans to ensure monthly and quarterly ship plans are achieved.
- Provide superior customer service, both internally and externally, communicate clearly and proactively.
- Resolve any shipment or delivery issues.
- Work both independently and collaboratively to develop supply chain solutions.
- Partner with Sourcing team on bid implementation, onboarding, capacity planning, and carrier scorecarding.
- Work on special projects as identified.
- BS/BA in Supply Chain, Business or related discipline required.
- 5+ years of experience in International trade with comprehensive knowledge of international documentation and trade laws.
- Proven experience optimizing & automating business processes to create efficiencies.
- Excellent analytical skills specific to Logistics.
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills, Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
- Ability to identify root cause of cost and service issues, and plan and execute mitigation or recovery strategies.
- Self-starter with the ability to thrive in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and functions.
- Good organizational skills and effective problem-solver.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Export Specialist
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Medina, Minnesota US