TAYLOR-DUNN Mechanical Design Engineer
Location: Anaheim, California US
Job Number: 6040
Requisition Number: R8781
The Taylor-Dunn Mechanical Engineer is responsible for leading the design process for the Commercial vehicle portfolio including GEM and Taylor-Dunn components and systems from concept to production in order to achieve the product objectives within a specified time.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes a reasonable project development schedule from concept to production implementation in line with overall business requirements.
- Supports all design related component styling, purchasing and manufacturing issues with emphasis on quality, reliability, timely delivery, and cost.
- Determines ideal component manufacturing route to ensure overall design, performance, and cost conformance.
- Generates CAD models, detail drawings, and analysis required to support the above and supervises their release through the release cycle.
- Creates component or system design requirements and specifications.
- Prepares preliminary sketches and/or schematic diagrams and/or presentations to aid in the understanding and solution of engineering problems.
- Coordinates design reviews on projects to ensure adequate cross functional input and involvement from all interested groups.
- Analyzes field problems and recommends possible solutions.
- Performs other miscellaneous project related assignments.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Required-B.S.M.E. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent 4 year degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 2-5+ years of professionally related mechanical design experience is required, preferably within Automotive, RV, On-Road Trailer, On-Road Towable, or a similar industry
- Preferred experience with a 3-D CAD modeling package such as CREO
- Creation of original system requirements and specifications
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups
- Strong technical knowledge
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Quick learner with high level of ambition and drive
- Strong people skills, able to work in a fast paced team environment
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners
- Microsoft software including Excel, Project, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Fast paced office environment
- Travel as needed (Up to 20%)
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: TAYLOR-DUNN Mechanical Design Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Anaheim, California US