Weld Process Tech (1st Shift)
Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 6041
Requisition Number: R8795
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
JOB SUMMARY: Weld Process Tech I
Work with manufacturing engineers and supervisors to drive productivity, quality and safety improvements in the weld department.Implement and sustain all manual processes in the Weld shop.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate with weld technical and production teams, including quality, to validate changes and improvements in process.
- Identify improvement opportunities, drive them to completion and track results in support of weld department VIP goals
- Provide trouble shooting support for Manual Welding equipment
- Work with NPI, new technology and sustaining projects as assigned by Weld ME
- Plan, execute, and record tooling adjustments and process changes.
- Develop rework procedures and assist as necessary.
- Travel for project support to provide technical feedback based on results of run off parts.
- Work with other departments for fit up and quality problem solving activities utilizing standard reporting formats - 4Ds, 5 Why, Fishbones
- Support and participate on kaizen projects
- Support departmental housekeeping standards in line with 5S expectations.
- Work with Materials, Lean and Metal Paint teams regarding part presentation and finished part management.
- Complete regularly scheduled inspections on manual tooling and processes.
- Complete miscellaneous duties as required.
Work with the Manufacturing team to implement and support Lean initiatives, PFEP, 5S, and Value Stream Mapping exercises. Work closely with Manufacturing Engineering and Group leads to resolve system process issues. Identify and assist with part quality and productivity improvements. Conduct time & method studies to improve manufacturing processes and to reduce labor costs. Manage special projects utilizing Suppliers, Engineers and Planners to support departmental goals. Consult with Manufacturing Engineering to develop recommendations for safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements. Collaborate with Quality to identify top opportunities for improvement, utilize problem solving techniques, and develop action plans to resolve outstanding issues. Develop, implement and sustain manual welding process controls.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- 2-year technical degree or actively pursuing a degree strongly preferred
- 1 - 3 years relevant experience in a manufacturing technical support role required
- 2-4 years weld experience required.
- Independent, self-starter with a strong customer focus
- Strong mechanical aptitude and welding science understanding
- CAD knowledge preferred in Creo Parametric, Solidworks, and AutoCad
- Working knowledge of PLC ladder logic preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively in a group setting.
Requirements for Current Polaris Internal Candidates
- New Hires must have 1 year Continuous Service from Polaris Hire Date
- 6 Months Between Department Transfers
- No Active Corrective Actions
- 3 or Less Attendance Occurrences
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review, if applicable.
- Resume Required
- Interview Required
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Weld Process Tech (1st Shift)
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US