Location: Huntsville, Alabama US
Job Number: 6047
Requisition Number: R8581
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
- 3 or less attendance occurrences in either bucket
- No more than 3 tardies & 3 absences
- 6 months between department transfers
- No active corrective actions
- Must have received a 'Meets Expectation' in most recent performance review
- Resume Required
- Interview Require
POSTING # (if applicable):
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile information to complete Daily Shipping Summary Report
• Run and correct Vin Tracking and Mapics Sync Error reports for appropriate warehouses.
• Process all whole goods loads (Dealer Loads, Transfers, Short Bills). Make changes/corrections as required and assemble paperwork for Carriers
• Work with Logistics for carrier changes and trouble shooting problems
• Support lift drivers with any load/ VIN problems and/or RF problems
• Monitor inventory/production and set up daily transfers to all Cross docks for all product types
• Create whole goods picks and make necessary modifications for orders, distribute to lift drivers, coordinate delivery, and compile appropriate paper work
• Complete all special orders as requested
• Monitor and document inventory discrepancies (units miss-shipped/labeled, returned, or damaged)
• Complete Non-Production Work Orders for whole goods
• Contact Customer Service with VIN mix-ups, coordinate credits, and re-invoicing
• Maintain spreadsheets for Shipping
• Run Shipping Activity Report weekly
• Miscellaneous duties as assigned by Shipping Supervisor
Ability to fill in for Shipping Material Handlers/Loaders as necessary
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• High School Diploma or GED Required; 2 years college preferred
• 1-2 years office practice and personal computer training or 1-2 years previous experience in these areas
• Computer skills (AS400, Excel, Word, Showcase, Outlook, Sharepoint)
• Communication skills - ability to communicate and work well with others
• Accuracy minded and detail oriented
• Must be able to prioritize workload
• Must be able to operate a forklift (inside and outside work environment)
• Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, work overtime with little or no notice
• Shipping experience helpful
• Working with hazardous materials and chemicals.
• Working in confined spaces.
• Will be required to wear the proper safety equipment and follow all safety guidelines.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Shipping Clerk
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Huntsville, Alabama US