Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6048
Requisition Number: R8782
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Packaging Engineer will be accountable and responsible for leading the design, procurement and testing in all areas of packaging including raw material, in process, finished goods and service kits Packaging with a focus on safety, quality, labor/ergonomics, material flow, and cost.
Responsibilities / Duties:
- Develop packages, package components and packaging systems that best meet the needs of internal / external customers to support strategic business needs for growth, quality and productivity.
- Develop test procedures for all packages, package components and packaging systems to ensure all necessary safety, quality and density requirements are met.
- Manage the key relationships with outside suppliers and contractors on a project specific basis. Monitor performance and ensure that projects are executed in line with the overall strategic plan and are on time and on budget.
- Serves as a liaison between Packaging Engineering/Logistics and Program Management, NPI, and Manufacturing to support product launch activities.
- Collaborate with Manufacturing and plant Materials department for efficient material flow.
- Communicate risks including, but not limited to, schedule, cost, and quality on a timely basis. Actively seek and communicate mitigation opportunities and solutions.
- Provide technical and resource information, advise and consult on packaging best practices to enhance business performance.
- Direct corrective actions with service providers and vendors to resolve packaging issues.
- Identify opportunities for cost reduction and drive implementation through Supply Chain.
- Resolve part quality issues caused by packaging.
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Packaging, Packaging Science, Packaging Engineering.
- 3 -5years Packaging Engineering experiencein automotiveor industrial packagingpreferred.
- Experience in the design, development, and testing of expendable and returnable packaging. Design/procurement of fabricated metal crates is desired.
- In-depth knowledge of packaging components, material compatibility and technologies related to development, testing and implementation of new product packaging and delivery systems.
- Knowledge in control procedures, such as Change Management, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Document Control, etc.
- Strong computer skills with ability to quickly learn new software/applications.
- Familiarity with Solid Works and a proficiency with MS Excel/PowerPoint.
- Project Management: plan, develop, and execute.
Business & Leadership Skills:
- Ability to effectively influence and work in cooperation with cross functional teams.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills - ability to work in a matrix organization and effectively lead without direct positional authority.
- Strong communication, presentation and teamwork skills including the ability to write clear, concise technical documentation.
- Ability to travel and support product launches and technical problem solving.
- The ability to break down problems and gain understanding to make effective decisions.
- The passion to set and meet high standards of performance.
- The ability to persuade others to support the company's agenda / objectives.
- The ability to establish clear, measurable goals and deliver on commitments.
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Packaging Engineer
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US