Sr. Systems Engineer - Suspension & Structures
Location: Wyoming, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6049
Requisition Number: R8728
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
The Senior Systems Engineer with Indian Motorcycles is focused in delivering quality suspension and structure systems to meet quality and development standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineer and own industry leading motorcycle suspension and structural systems to meet/exceed customer expectations and ensure increased profitability and market share.
- Work with project teams, Systems, Test and Development Engineers to define system and component form and function specifications.
- Lead the design of owned systems and ensure production drawings are accurate and properly dimensioned (using KPC's and GD&T).
- Work in partnership with appropriate CAE Engineers on ALD efforts for owned systems. In partnership with the Industrial Design team, ensure the appropriate tradeoffs are made for system performance and vehicle styling.
- Organize, lead and participate in design reviews to ensure there is adequate input and involvement from all necessary engineering and functional groups.
- Work with Test and Development Engineers along with appropriate Development Technicians to ensure development and validation of owned systems is conducted at the appropriate times.
- Create and maintain system engineering standards, specifications and lessons learned.
- Communicate to them to the project teams and other systems / design engineers.
- Work with product management and supply chain partners to develop system technology roadmap. Support pre-development and technology projects.
- Ride the vehicles to evaluate system performance and other vehicle characteristics.
- Evaluate and analyze field issues on existing product, recommend and execute timely solutions.
- Support manufacturing with problem resolution and assembly friendly new product designs.
- Provide system technical support to: Project Engineers, Designers, Design Engineers, Purchasing, Manufacturing, Powertrain, Quality Assurance and Service.
- Cross train and support development and validation of other vehicle subsystems including but not limited to: brakes, tires, wheels, driveline, hand and foot controls.
- Perform other miscellaneous project related assignments.
EDUCATION, SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent required.
- 3+ years of system design, development and test experience required.
- 3+ years of 3-D CAD modeling experience required, Creo Parametric / Pro Engineer preferred.
- Suspension component design and tuning experience preferred.
- High level of motorcycle riding experience preferred.
- Ability to evaluate vehicle dynamic performance and recommend appropriate changes preferred.
- Data acquisition experience preferred.
- GD&T, FMEA, dimensional tolerance stack-ups and experience with engineering standards preferred.
- Creative, innovative, decisive and prone to action.
- Quality and customer focused.
- Possess and apply a broad knowledge of principals, practices and procedures to the completion of difficult technical problems and projects.
- Superior technical knowledge as demonstrated by academic experience and broad practical experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of people skills, able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work with domestic and international technology partners.
- Microsoft software including Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Fast paced office environment Travel as needed (less than 25%)
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Systems Engineer - Suspension & Structures
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Wyoming, Minnesota US