Product Owner, R&D
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6052
Requisition Number: R8805
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
ABOUT THE ORG:
Polaris Adventures brings together a select network of Outfitters to provide premium ride and drive experiences at epic destinations nationwide. Creating safe, memorable, year-round adventures for all skill levels, Polaris Adventures offers worry free half and full-day options for couples, families and adventure groups in state-of-the-art Polaris vehicles.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Polaris Adventures is the #1 Outdoor Ride & Drive experience network. The Research & Development team of Polaris Adventures identifies, designs and proves out internal & external programs, evolving our business maturity and best practices. Through a broad set of platforms, the R/D team creates competitive advantages that are productionized throughout the organization.
You will be responsible for leading and executing a broad set of evolutionary changes within the organization. As part of the Polaris Adventures team, the R/D Product Owner will deliver against strategic goals focused on building out and management of the business platforms. Accountable for key platforms and processes within the business, this individual will instigate, plan and manage change; collaborating cross-functionally with Sales, Ops, Marketing, Risk and Finance. The Polaris Adventures program is a priority initiative for Polaris, and the R/D Product Owner is a visible role within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Have a broad set of responsibilities with respect to research & development, including:
- Partnering with Senior BU leaders to transform their businesses through the strategic Execution against the roadmap and plan for the business unit.
- Contribute to prioritization, maintain the backlog including the management of enhancement requests and feature prioritization.
- Guide the content of each two-week development sprint within the larger context of completing the project within its overall schedule.
- Coordinate feedback from users and stakeholders to drive release schedule and enhancements
- Actively participate in iteration planning and cross product team planning sessions
- Responsible for monitoring product status and product support
- Playing a role in defining ideas before they are prioritized for buildout.
- Working with function heads to identify opportunities for evolution, to improve current practices and achieve aggressive growth goals.
- Serving as an internal consultant throughout the organization, overseeing a seamless introduction and implementation of strategic ideas as identified; Proof of Concept to Minimum Viable Product and ultimately to organization deployment.
- Accountable for existing products, procedures and/or workflow needs associated with business systems & platforms.
- Leading the creation & training of SMEs on various new processes, procedures and technologies.
- Internal Communications leadership including collaboration with Digital Product Leaders and Business Units through-out the Organization.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years progressive experience in operations or related field
- 5+ years in relationship-oriented experience
- 5+ years in technical or process-oriented roles
- Proven track record of implementing organizational change
- Experience with core business technologies and processes including CRM, Data Reporting & Analytics and Communications platforms
- Demonstrate accountability for production processes, platforms and outcomes.
- Experience influencing and driving change with senior management.
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Proven ability to provide highest level of service to all internal and external clients
- Proven ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrated success working in a very fast-paced environment with the ability to handle multiple initiatives while meeting deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally and interact with all levels of management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Product Owner, R&D
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Plymouth, Minnesota US