Associate Powertrain Test Technologist - Engine Validation
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6066
Requisition Number: R8818
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Support the Powertrain (PT) Engine Test Group in the test labs with test setup, execution, data review, and report writing. Collaborate with a passionate team of experts to develop/test new powertrain technologies in the dynamometer/test lab and ensure their seamless integration into the vehicle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Communicate with project leads, test engineers, design/development engineers to develop best testing solutions and scheduling feedback for test requests
• Support design and creation of test fixtures for engine tests
• Setup and instrument engines, transmissions, dyno stands, and testing equipment
• Create, write, and execute test schedules and limits for testing equipment
• Record and process data using latest software tools
• Prepare detailed reports to communicate testing results with the PT organization
• Responsible for calibration, maintenance, continuous improvement, and next generation of PT Test Equipment, including:
- Engine Dyno
- Facility equipment
- CVT Dyno
• Track and improve utilization, efficiency, and automation of the test labs
• Support timely resolution of problems that arise in manufacturing and field/dyno testing.
• Support other PT Test roles as necessary (Engine Build; PT Fab)
• Maintain a safe OSHA compliant environment
Skills and knowledge
• BS Technology degree with Powersports, Automotive, Ag, or similar field experience
• Solid understanding of troubleshooting engines, transmissions, and electrical systems
• Familiar with engine and component testing strategies
• Data Acquisition experience a plus: A&D iTest, SuperFlow, PLC programming, DC Tools
• Fluent in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Organized with a strong attention to detail
• Experience working in an engineering environment preferred
• Highly flexible and self-motivated team player
• Excellent multi-tasking ability
• Fabrication and welding experience desirable
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and ethics
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate Powertrain Test Technologist - Engine Validation
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US