Fab Tech II
Location: Roseau, Minnesota US
Job Number: 6088
Requisition Number: R8900
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to Think Outside.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Metal Fabrication work including: Flat Sheet Laser operation, Metal Tube bending, MIG and TIG Welding, Press Brake Operation, Band Saws, Drill Presses, High Tonnage Presses, Grinders, Manual Mills, Manual Lathes
- Engineering print reading ability
- Solving design problems as they arise in the development stage of projects.
- Maintains knowledge of prototype build processes and suggests new processes and additional equipment to be used.
- Builds/rebuilds prototype parts, test fixtures, and/or complete machines per prints, sketches or verbal instructions.
- Makes recommendations on design or redesign for product improvements or cost reductions.
- Adheres to approved project budget and schedule.
- Drive continuous improvement. Escalate issues and make improvements where necessary.
- Meet required project timelines and deadlines
- Preventative maintenance activities on equipment
- Shipping and receiving duties when needed
- Ability to operate Windows Outlook, Word and Excel programs, Solidworks - CAD
- Ability to operate Laser operating software and post processing
- Direct and execute daily work assignments as mandated by department needs and schedules.
- Must be a self-starter and complete projects without continual supervision.
- Updates supervisor on project status.
- Be flexible and open-minded to accommodate additional duties as assigned.
- Able to balance many demands at once. Can solve problems, make decisions, plan and execute
- Work as a cohesive team to complete workload efficiently and safely
- Must be able to communicate and work well with others.
- Assists in training of less senior fabricators.
- Work with peers to manage vacations and call-ins to ensure timelines are being met.
- Interact and provide support to engineering customers for development work and projects
- Demonstrate professionalism with all Polaris employees and outside business contacts.
- Participate in employee development, coaching, and mentoring. This will include new operator job instruction training and cross-training.
- Communicate effectively through all department levels to provide a clear and consistent message in a changing environment.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees throughout department.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain organized work stations and shop supporting the 5S program.
- Follow all Polaris Safety and Environmental policies
- Willing to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Forklift license is a +
Education and Experience
- High school diploma plus two years vocational school training in the fabrication / machining trade
- 5+ years previous fabrication experience is required
- Manual machining experience is a +
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to Think Outside. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2020 sales of $7.0 billion, Polaris' high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris' presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Community / Marketing Title: Fab Tech II
EEO Employer Verbiage:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Roseau, Minnesota US